Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Birthday Packed with Fun!

Good morning!  Today is supposed to be almost 80 degrees today here in VA and I'm loving this nice spring weather.  Today I wanted to show you another card I made with the Packed for Birthday stamp set that is about as bright as it's going to be outside.  For this card I started with Daffodil Delight cardstock for the base and added a piece of Pacific Point DSP which was bordered with a piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock that was punched with the Scallop Trim border punch on the bottom and Poppy Parade cardstock that was offset punched with the Scallop border punch (I showed this technique at the last card class which was a big hit!)  The greeting is from the It's Your Birthday stamp set and matches the "funness" of the images in the Packed for Birthday stamp. 

For the main stamped image I stamped it with Basic Black in on Whisper White cardstock and then colored in the different pictures with TONS of different colored Stampin' Write markers.  I used the same stamp to stamp the pinata image on another piece of cardstock and colored it in with the same markers and cut it out with my Paper Snips.  Next I added a piece of Island Indigo baker's twine for the pinata string and tied a tiny bow.  The final step was to use dimensionals to glue the pinata so he "popped" up.

This is such a cute and fun card, great for a kid's birthday.

Enjoy,

Diana
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog