Monday, March 5, 2012

Sweet Cake - Sketch Challenge

Good evening! We had a fun-filled, on the go weekend which was highlighted by baseball tryouts and Aidan's first Tae Kwon Do tournament on Saturday. It was so crazy but we were so proud of Aidan and he was so excited. When I finally made it into the studio yesterday afternoon I decided I wanted to make a really fun card for this weeks Stamping 411 challenge. I decided to use the Sweet Cake stamp set for the focal image along with the Sweet Shop Speciality DSP for the colors. I started with Pool Party cardstock for the cardbase and ran it through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I used two different pieces of Sweet Shop DSP (the Wisteria Wonder polka dot piece has raised dots, love it!) The DSP with ice cream is matted on a piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock and the Wisteria Wonder DSP is matted on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock that was punched with the Scallop Edge border punch

The main stamped image is lots of layers, first I stamped the whole image in Calypso Coral ink and cut it out with paper snips.  Next I stamped just the cupcake image with Soft Suede and Wisteria Wonder inks and then cut the cupcake out.  I added Dazzling Diamonds to frosting of the cupcake so it sparkles.  Next I stamped the cherry with Real Red and Lucky Limeade ink, cut it out and colored in the cherry with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.  The greeting is stamped with Soft Suede ink on Pool Party cardstock and the small heart was cut out of Silver Glimmer paper.  I'm absolutely in love with the In Color ruffled ribbon this year and used Lucky Limeade for this bow.  The final touch to the card was to stamp one of the swirl images from the Sweets for the Sweet stamp set with Calypso Coral ink, punched it out with the 1" circle punch and matted it on a 1 1/4" Pool Party circle.  I added a heart brad from the Sweet Shop Jelly Bean brads

I'll admit this card took a lot of time to make with al the details, but I love the end result.  There's so much glitter and sparkle the picture doesn't do it justice.  Remember nows, the time to pick up all the supplies to make this card and earn FREE sale-a-bration items with every $50 order.

Enjoy and have a great week,

Diana
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Love this card. In Australia we have just got this set as a pre-order for our next mini and I can't wait to play with it. A lot of work went into this card but it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog